Wednesday, February 23, 2011

White Winter Hymnal

One of the many perks of having kids is that you are forced to stay hip with not just pop culture but with music. And if your kid is anything like mine, it means lots and lots of music, since he is a musician. It's a perk because it appeals to my sense of wanting to stay connected to the generation that comes behind me and will ultimately shape the world I will live in. There is a group called Fleet Foxes, which even if you haven't listened to much since 1980, like me, you will no doubt enjoy them. The lyrics to my favorite song, White Winter Hymnal, are a bit cryptic, but the music and harmonies are uplifting. Thanks to youtube you can access it and feel inspired. This song reminds me of the happy memories from the last summer of my son's time living here at home, when he and his girlfriend were fixtures in our lives and there was so much laughter. It makes me smile just remembering them. Here's to memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment