Monday, April 11, 2011

And the temps, they go down and down

So I leave to go downstate for one day and what happens? The temperature on Lake Erie soars to 80 degrees yesterday. Of course! Luckily, we got back to town before nightfall and the weather shift took us so off guard, we decided to do a summertime thing: wash the car.
   Well, it's just another one of Spring's little teasers. The weather savvy amongst us know that jumping 40 degrees in one day is a cruel joke. We will be back to the 40s in a hours--today's oncoming storm will see to that.
   As the rain pours down the windows and the outer world looks like the more familiar version of spring that we are all accustomed to, my spirits remain high with the lingering brush of balmy breezes, the prickly crunch of new grass under my feet (yes, I took my shoes off) and the sun on my face.
   Yes, that one day, those few hours of summer erased the months of wet, cold, dare I say, harsh winter. And I am reminded of the verse from William Wordsworth poem.

Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, 

of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment